All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the prism of gender, this text explores the contrasting cultures and practice of mathematics and science and asks how they impacted on women. Claire Jones assesses nineteenth-century ideas about women's intellect, femininity and masculinity, and assesses how these attitudes shaped women's experiences as students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyCLAIRE G. JONES is editor of HerStoria Magazine and an Associate Lecturer in History at the University of Liverpool, UK. In 1999 she was joint winner of the Clare Evans Prize for the best new essay in the field of women's history and gender and history.
- Author(s)Claire G. Jones
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight475 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.