All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEschewing the conventional wisdom that places the origins of the American women's movement in the 1960s, Feminism Unfinished traces the beginnings of this social movement to the 1920s and rewrites a century of American women's history. Challenging the contemporary lean-in , trickle-down feminist philosophy, the authors demonstrate that the post-Suffrage women's movement focused on the exploitation of women in the workplace as well as on sexual rights. The authors revise the wave vision of feminism, which suggests breaks and divisions within media-driven waves . Showing how history has obscured activism by working-class and mirity women, Feminism Unfinished provides a much-needed corrective.
- Author BiographyDorothy Sue Cobble lives in Princeton, New Jersey, and teaches at Rutgers University, where she is the Distinguished Professor of History and Labor Studies. Linda Gordon is the Florence Kelley Professor of History at New York University. She is the author of numerous books including Dorothea Lange and Impounded, and won the Bancroft Prize for The Great Arizona Orphan Abduction. She lives in New York. Astrid Henry is the Louise R. Noun Chair of Women's Studies at Grinnell College. She lives in Grinnell, Iowa.
- Author(s)Astrid Henry,Dorothy Sue Cobble,Linda Gordon
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.