All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf the classroom is a potentially radical space, then feminists in educational institutions can act as agents of radicalization. However, efforts to breach ideological boundaries continue to present challenges to these activists. This collection of eleven critical essays unites scholars from various disciplines to explore how feminists live, survive, and thrive in the Academy. The pieces investigate invative ways that women academics occupy the space of the Academy as real living bodies while resisting being judged, devalued, or valued on the basis of their biological bodies. Specific themes include abortion rights activism, authority in the classroom, feminist mentoring, the role of women's studies programs, division of labor, and the role of theater and performance in enacting lasting change.
- Author BiographyEllen C. Mayock is professor of Spanish and Core Faculty in Women's and Gender Studies and Latin American and Caribbean Studies at Washington and Lee University. This is her second book. Domnica Radulescu is professor of French and Italian Languages and Literature and co-founding chair of the Women's and Gender Studies department at Washington and Lee University.
- Author(s)Domnica Radulescu,Ellen C. Mayock
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.