All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany feminist theologians have made timely and valuable contributions to rethinking the eschaton by framing it as cyclical and by embracing endings as they are experienced by present relational, fluid, and sensuous bodies. However, any sense of eschatological finality or ultimacy has either been rejected or igred. Feminist Eschatology seeks to think differently about Christian eschatology in light of contributions from feminist theologians, ting the numerous and varied critiques they have made of traditional models. These critiques are identified as being directed towards three key claims: eschatology is understood to be actuated by a domineering God, populated by masculinised beings, and disassociated from present lives. Using a form of strategic feminism, wherein traits associated with female bodies, and some women's experiences of their bodies, are used to rethink the end-time of the eschaton, this book contributes to the meaning and significance of both bodies and eschatology.
- Author BiographyEmily Pennington is Visiting Lecturer at the University of Chester, and teaches undergraduate classes in contextual and practical theology. Published papers include Does Feminism Need the Future? Rethinking Eschatology for Feminist Theology in Feminist Theology (2013), Touching the Future: A Living Eschatology in the International Journal of Public Theology (2015), and a number of book reviews in journals such as Modern Believing, the Journal of Beliefs and Values, and Studies in Christian Ethics. Her research interests include exploring and affirming women's experiences of embodiment, particularly with regards to experiences of creativity and sensuality.
- Author(s)Emily Pennington
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleRoutledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.