All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Feminist, Queer, Crip Alison Kafer imagines a different future for disability and disabled bodies. Challenging the ways in which ideas about the future and time have been deployed in the service of compulsory able-bodiedness and able-mindedness, Kafer rejects the idea of disability as a pre-determined limit. She juxtaposes theories, movements, and identities such as environmental justice, reproductive justice, cyborg theory, transgender politics, and disability that are typically discussed in isolation and envisions new possibilities for crip futures and feminist/queer/crip alliances. This bold book goes against the grain of rmalization and promotes a political framework for a more just world.
- Author BiographyAlison Kafer is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Feminist Studies at Southwestern University.
- Author(s)Alison Kafer
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note2 b&w illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.