Fenders, Fins & Friends : Confessions of a Car Guy by Lance Lambert (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionEvery car guy has stories that elicit laughter, tears and admission of some bad choices. Lance Lambert's Fenders, Fins & Friends: Confessions of a Car Guy includes tales of riding in a 1939 ford as the steering wheel was removed and handed to him. Installing a siren in a 1955 Ford proved to be a bad decision. Putting five friends as far back as possible in a rock band's van resulted in wheels stands and applause from admiring fans. Sitting in a 1949 Chevrolet while surrounded by five police cars and numerous guns pointed his direction caused some concern. Fenders, Fins & Friends: Confessions of a Car Guy reveals all that is good about the world of old cars and why being a Car Guy is the best way to enjoy life. .. .The history of our automobile traditions is safe in your hands. Lee Iacocca, Automotive Industry Icon Lance's stories are a joyride to simpler times when unbridled enthusiasm and unchallenged optimism were all it took for car crazy young men to tackle any dream, scheme or machine. Bruce Caldwell, Editor Emeritus, Hot Rod Magazine Lance's writings remind us of the sizzle that we were, or maybe could have been or wanted to be; his writings take us back to presumably simpler times of dreamy days, giving us peepholes back to the olden days. A great book from back in the day. Don Weberg, Editor & Publisher, Garage Style Magazine Read this and you will gain insight into a down-to-earth soul, with a big heart, and an entertaining way of seeing the world. Theresa Poalucci, Publisher, Journal Newspapers Lance's humorous storytelling style makes you feel like you are sitting in the front seat with him as he drives you through his amazing 'car guy' life. Sandy Scott, Director of Operations, Petersen Automotive Museum Lance Lambert is the Garrison Keillor of car stories. His stalgic and chuckle worthy stories always put a smile on my face. M.J. McDermott, KCPQ Television Reporter Lance is an amicable asset to the car world - at once a wealth of kwledge and history, an icon of automotive TV programming and a friendly ambassador to the industry for everyone from experienced gearheads to neophyte spectators. It is easy to see that Lance loves cars, and car people love Lance. Heidi Van Horne, Automotive Reporter, Houston Chronicle .. .As a prolific writer, emcee and TV host, Lance is everybody's 'in the kw' and 'go to' car guy when they want the inside scoop. His stories are real and he has made it a point to document his adventures at every turn. His book is a 'must read' . David Dickinson, Creator & Editor, The Old Car Nut Book This book is a 'must read' for all car lovers! John D'Agosti, Celebrity Kustoms Compelling! 'FENDERS, FINS & FRIENDS: Confessions of a car Guy' provides a vivid and humorous look at 60 years of the memories of a true vintage vehicle legend. The vignettes are always evocative. A great read! Kathleen Fullerton Bernhard, Ph.D., author of The Invisible Woman
- Author BiographyLance Lambert is an award winning writer, automotive journalist and television host and producer. His humorous stories have been published in Old Cars Weekly, Garage Style Magazine, Mustang Times, Mustang News, CruZin' Magazine, Hot Rod Hotline, Journal Newspapers and numerous other publications. He was awarded the Lee Iacocca Award from the Iacocca Family Foundation in 2010 and was inducted into the Washington Hot Rod Hall of Fame in 2008. He has been a car guy since early childhood. Heidi Van Horn of the Houston Chronicle says, Lance is an amicable asset to the car world - at once a wealth of knowledge and history, an icon of automotive TV programming and a friendly ambassador to the industry for everyone from the experienced gearheads to neophyte spectators. It is easy to see that Lance loves cars, and car people love Lance. Sandy Scott, Director of Operations, Petersen Automotive Museum, says, Lance's humorous storytelling style makes you feel like you are sitting in the front seat with him as he drives you through his amazing 'car guy' life. M.J. McDermott, KCPQ Television Reporter, says, Lance Lambert is the Garrison Keillor of car stores. His most cherished experiences have been with friends that have accompanied him through his lifetime of automotive adventures.
- Author(s)Lance Lambert
- PublisherWooded Isle Press LLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWooded Isle Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.