All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fern family lived peaceably in their hollow for two generations. Stephen was a hardworking coal miner and cared for his family. When a miserly landowner told them they must move out, he stood upon his vow to his father. Love for his enemies proved difficult to accomplish. This wonderful story is filled with many Bible verses and spiritual discussions. Five illustrations compliment this edition.
- Author BiographySARAH SMITH (1832-1911) was born in Wellington, England. She had the good fortune of being able to read books from her father's bookshop, a printer of evangelical literature. Her mother was a strong evangelical, but died when Sarah was young. When she began writing, Hesba Stretton was her pen name, Stretton coming from the name of a neighboring village, and Hesba coming from the initials of her siblings. She wrote Jessica's First Prayer in 1867, which became one of her most beloved stories. It sold very well and was translated into many languages. Other best sellers were Little Meg's Children and Alone in London. She was familiar with the troubles of street children whom she visited and helped. She wrote over 60 books and stories.
- Author(s)Hesba Stretton
- Date of Publication09/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $13.62Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.