All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a master of maritime adventure and suspense comes an engrossing and alarming tale of disaster on a North Sea ferry. The passengers boarding the Orion Venturer have idea that the sturdy-looking ferry that is to take them across the North Sea is a disaster waiting to happen. She has been hastily converted from her previous role as a casi ship working out of Florida. Safety regulations have been met - in theory - but many vital corners have been cut. And, worse, her multinational crew has been put together even more quickly. Many crew members have experience at sea and little kwledge of English. Few kw the ship well eugh to be of any use in an emergency. All it would take is one act of folly to initiate a tragedy too terrible to imagine...Filled with tension that builds with every passing second, Ferry Down is the new thriller from Britain's most acclaimed writer of maritime adventure - the disturbingly plausible realisation of every sea traveller's nightmare.
- Author BiographyBrian Callison was born in Manchester in 1934. On entering the merchant navy as a midshipman with the Blue Funnel Line in 1950, he served in cargo liners sailing to the Far East and Australia. Later he studied at Dundee College of Art before entering commerce. A Member of the Royal Institute of Navigation and an Associate of the Nautical Institute, he has maintained an active connection with the sea: first as an officer of the Royal Naval Auxiliary Service until its disbandment in 1994 and, currently, as Head of Tay Unit of the UK's Maritime Volunteer Service.
- Author(s)Brian Callison
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/1999
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.