All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFestivals are a mainstay of almost everyone's summer celebrations.Whether it's getting muddy at Glastonbury, swimming at The SecretGarden Party, or just kicking back at Port Eliot, there is a festival outthere to appeal to everyone.Whatever the festival, they're a perfect place to express yourindividuality and let your imagination run wild, while the sun isshining (or when it's raining!). This book is filled with beautifulprojects and useful ideas and inspiration to enable you to enrichany festival experience. Even if you are t an avid festival goer,you can still use these ideas to make any camping trip unique.Festival Fabulous shows you how to 'get the look' for every event,be it Bedouin beauty or summertime revellers: there are makeuptips, easy-to-make hair accessories, headdresses, ingeniouscampsite lanterns, a birdwing poncho and the all important wellywarmers. It includes ways to make your camping space stand outfrom the crowd through a collection of handmade projects and on-trend styling ideas such asbunting, flower garlands and pompoms. Most of the projects are easy to achieve, with the aimbeing to inspire even the vice maker to embrace the spirit of creativity and give craft a go.Shot on location, the photography immerses you in the festival world, capturing the style, glitter andspirit through a wealth of inspiration. Techniques in the book include jewellery making, printing andsewing as well as crochet and knitting - everything needed to have the best festival ever!
- Author BiographyRos Badger and Christine Leech are designers and authors who met through their love of craft. Experts in their field, they have been at the forefront of the resurgence of interest in all things craft: from knitting, crochet and embroidery to sewing and ideas with paper and printing. Between them they have published 14 books covering all of the above skills and more. This summer Ros and Christine ran the first craft workshops at The Port Eliot Festival in Cornwall, established because of the high demand. The Badger's Sett saw festival goers decorate headdresses, create a Port Eliot patchwork and sail paper boats in a twilight regatta. They both share a love of a headdress and believe everything is made better with the addition of pompoms and glitter.
- Author(s)Christina Leech,Ros Badger
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteOver 150 colour photographs and illustrations
- Width187 mm
- Height248 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.