All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn clear and concise language, veteran education writer Robert Rothman identifies nine instructional shifts encouraged by the new Common Core State Standards and provides examples of how teachers and school districts are overcoming challenges in implementation.
He presents the research and rationale behind each change and provides examples of teachers making the shifts as well as sample test questions that could be used to gauge student progress in the future. Rothman also addresses major challenges that are emerging as districts and schools move to implement the standards and highlights the ways leading school districts are working to overcome them.
Fewer, Clearer, Higher--the mantra adopted by the writers of the Common Core to emphasise the difference between existing state standards and the new ones needed to truly prepare all students for college or careers--is an indispensable guide for educators and anyone else seeking a better understanding of this major new development in education policy.
- Author BiographyRobert Rothman has written extensively on standards and assessments. He is a senior fellow at the Alliance for Excellent Education and the author of Something in Common: The Common Core Standards and the Next Chapter in American Education (Harvard Education Press).
- Author(s)Robert Rothman
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.