All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to Feynman diagram techniques, this book shows how they can be applied to the analysis of complex many-particle systems, and offers a review of the essential elements of quantum mechanics, solid state physics and statistical mechanics. Alongside a detailed account of the method of second quantization, the book covers topics such as Green's and correlation functions, diagrammatic techniques and superconductivity, and contains several case studies. Some background kwledge in quantum mechanics, solid state physics and mathematical methods of physics is assumed. Detailed derivations of formulas and in-depth examples and chapter exercises from various areas of condensed matter physics make this a valuable resource for both researchers and advanced undergraduate students in condensed matter theory, many-body physics and electrical engineering. Solutions to exercises are available online.
- Author BiographyRadi A. Jishi is a Professor of Physics at California State University. His research interests centre on condensed matter theory, carbon networks, superconductivity, and the electronic structure of crystals.
- Author(s)Radi A. Jishi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note119 b/w illus. 113 exercises
- Weight860 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.