All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thoughtful survey of fibre sculpture and wall art portrayed in 335 vibrant images and insightful text. Explore the work of three generations of fine artists who have opened their minds and spirits to the boundless range of expressive possibilities in textile methods or materials. Even as the art on these pages references weaving, crochet or quilting, traditional textile tions disappear in the hands of serious artists, appropriating essential elements for their contemporary concepts. From looms, needles, embroidery hoops, and bare hands, ideas take form. Piles of cloth, yarn, beads, fragrant grasses, bamboo or other materials of unusual resistance absorb and then return an artist's creative energy. Each object is distinctive to each artist. The discrete marks made by a certain pair of hands tell us who made which treasures. Danish artist/critic Lisbeth Tolstrup refers to art created in fibre media as windows into the wizard's workshop . Enjoy peeking through the windows of these wizards.
- Author BiographyCarol K. Russell is a curator, tapestry artist, and teacher of tapestry weavings and design. Most recently, she was honored to be selected as Juror for the 14th International Triennale of Tapestry at the Central Museum of Textiles in Lodz, Poland.
- Author(s)Carol K. Russell
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note335 colour photos
- Weight1420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.