All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNext generation optical communication systems will have to transport a significantly increased data volume at a reduced cost per transmitted bit. To achieve these ambitious goals optimum design is crucial in combination with dynamic adaptation to actual traffic demands and improved energy efficiency. In the first part of the book the author elaborates on the design of optical transmission systems. Several methods for efficient numerical simulation are presented ranging from meta-model based optimization to parallelization techniques for solving the nlinear Schrodinger equation. Furthermore, fast analytical and semi-analytical models are described to estimate the various degradation effects occurring on the transmission line. In the second part of the book operational aspects of optical networks are investigated. Physical layer impairment-aware routing and regenerator placement are studied. Finally, it is analyzed how the energy efficiency of a multi-layer optical core network can be increased by dynamic adaptation to traffic patterns changing in the course of the day.
- Author BiographyStephan Pachnicke received the MSc degree in Information Engineering from City University, London, United Kingdom in 2001 and the Dipl.-Ing. and Dr.-Ing. (PhD equivalent) degrees in electrical engineering from TU Dortmund, Germany in 2002 and 2005, respectively. In 2005 he also got the Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. degree in business administration from Fern Universitat, Hagen, Germany. Since 2008 he has been giving the lecture Fiber Optical Communication Networks at TU Dortmund. Currently he is with ADVA AG Optical Networking. His research interests lie in the field of modeling and simulation of optical communication systems, the assessment of physical-layer impairment aware routing algorithms as well as energy efficiency improvements in networks. He is author or co-author of more than 60 scientific publications among them 5 books and 10 journal contributions. Stephan received several awards for his work among them the PhD thesis award of TU Dortmund (Dissertationspreis 2006) and the VDE price for the best MSc thesis (VDE Preis Rhein/Ruhr 2002).
- Author(s)Stephan Pachnicke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSignals and Communication Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight432 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.