All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive survey of mathematics' most fascinating number sequences Fibonacci and Lucas numbers have intrigued amateur and professional mathematicians for centuries. This volume represents the first attempt to compile a definitive history and authoritative analysis of these famous integer sequences, complete with a wealth of exciting applications, enlightening examples, and fun exercises that offer numerous opportunities for exploration and experimentation. The author has assembled a myriad of fascinating properties of both Fibonacci and Lucas numbers-as developed by a wide range of sources-and catalogued their applications in a multitude of widely varied disciplines such as art, stock market investing, engineering, and neurophysiology. Most of the engaging and delightful material here is easily accessible to college and even high school students, though advanced material is included to challenge more sophisticated Fibonacci enthusiasts. A historical survey of the development of Fibonacci and Lucas numbers, biographical sketches of intriguing personalities involved in developing the subject, and illustrative examples round out this thorough and amusing survey. Most chapters conclude with numeric and theoretical exercises that do t rely on long and tedious proofs of theorems. Highlights include: Balanced blend of theory and real-world applications Excellent reference material for student reports and projects User-friendly, informal, and entertaining writing style Historical interjections and short biographies that add a richer perspective to the topic Reference sections providing important symbols, problem solutions, and fundamental properties from the theory of numbers and matrices Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers with Applications provides mathematicians with a wealth of reference material in one convenient volume and presents an in-depth and entertaining resource for enthusiasts at every level and from any background.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS KOSHY, Ph.D., is Professor of Mathematics at Framingham State College in Framingham, Massachusetts. He is the author of the forthcoming book Elementary Number Theory with Applications, among several other books, as well as numerous articles across a wide range of topics.
- Author(s)Thomas Koshy
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2001
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitlePure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1126 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.