All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an inviting and succinct guide to fibromyalgia, a syndrome that affects 6 million Americans annually. Fibromyalgia is a form of chronic neuromuscular pain, a pain-amplification syndrome brought on by abrmal interactions between hormones, the immune system, neurotransmitters, and the automic nervous system. Often misdiagsed, and widely misunderstood, the majority of patients are turned away from doctors or treated for depression. In their earlier books Making Sense of Fibromyalgia and All About Fibromyalgia, ted medical writer Janice Wallace and Dr Daniel Wallace, a leading expert on this disorder, provided comprehensive guides - for both patients and professionals - to this little kwn and poorly understood syndrome. Now, in Fibromyalgia, the Wallaces provide an inviting and succinct version of the syndrome laid out in clear and accessible language. The authors provide a clear, concise explanation of the syndrome and its symptoms, and outline latest treatments. Fibromyalgia addresses a desperate need for concise, accessible information on this syndrome and offers reassurance to patients and their families.
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Wallace, M.D. has served as Clinical Chief of Rheumatology at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine and has treated hundreds of victims of fibromyalgia. J. B. Wallace is a freelance medical writer. Together, they have written two acclaimed books on fibromyalgia: Making Sense of Fibromyalgia and All About Fibromyalgia, both by OUP.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Wallace,J.B. Wallace
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note17 line illustrations
- Weight261 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.