All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of expert, effective advice from a producer and professional writer for 15 network television series, this book offers pragmatic techniques for constructing a compelling story and developing rich characters and extraordinary dialogue. In clear and concise language, this lively guide explains that the same methods used in the high-pressure world of writing for television can be applied to fiction storytelling in all its forms, from poetry, short stories, and vels to memoirs, stage plays, and movie scripts. Included is advice on such writing elements as building a story, constructing action sequences, creating memorable characters, developing scene structure, and avoiding cliche dialogue. Also covered are problem-solving strategies for polishing the final product.
- Author BiographyThomas B. Sawyer is a teacher of creative writing and screenwriting and was an Emmy-nominated head writer and producer of Murder, She Wrote. He is the author of The Sixteenth Man and Plots Unlimited. He lives in Malibu, California.
- Author(s)Thomas B. Sawyer
- PublisherAshley Wilde
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationMalibu, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAshley Wilde
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.