All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains sixteen essays of literary criticism, comparative literature and interdisciplinary studies by Polish, German, Welsh, French and American scholars. It features a voyage through the sea of evil from the beginning of time to the present, from the creation of the world (Hughes) to contemporary terrorism (Wajdi Mouawad). It examines all genres of literature, from Shakespeare to Hopkins and Roethke, to Dickens and Orzeszkowa, Faulkner and McCarthy, Baldwin and Burdekin. The Gesamtkunst which evil has inspired in this volume includes the Victorian Protestant vel and children's literature, hypertext (M. Joyce, Moulthrop) and metafiction (Coetzee, Munch) as well as music, philosophy, stylistics (Tolkien) and the visual arts (Tintoretto, Munch).
- Author BiographyGrazyna M. T. Branny, affiliated to the Pedagogical University in Krakow, Poland, is a Conrad, Faulkner, Toni Morrison and Louise Erdrich scholar. J. Gill Holland, Professor Emeritus of Davidson College, USA, has published on English, Chinese and Norwegian literatures and art.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byGrazyna M. T. Branny,J.Gill Holland
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.