All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFICTIONS is perhaps the single most mysterious and extraordinary collection of short stories written this century. Influenced by writers as disparate as Lewis Carroll, Stevenson and Cervantes, Borges is nethertheless a complete original who can turn dry logical puzzles in to enchanting fables. The Pieces in this volume represent his most accomplished work.
- Author BiographyJorge Luis Borges was born in Buenos Aires in 1899 and was educated in Europe. One of the most widely acclaimed writers of our time, he published many collections of poems, essays and short stories before his death in Geneva in 1986. He was director of the Argentine National Library from 1955 until 1973. Mario Vargas Llosa, in a tribute to Borges, has written: 'His is a world of clear, pure, and at the same time unusual ideas expressed in words of great directness and restraint. [He] was a superb storyteller. One reads most of Borges' tales with the hypnotic interest usually reserved for reading detective fiction...'
- Author(s)Jorge Luis Borges
- Date of Publication20/05/1993
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight320 g
- Width16 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine132 mm
- Introduction byJohn Sturrock
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.