All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a Midwestern town a man goes missing. All that's left behind are disks with chapters from a memoir, but the early files are protected by a password. His wife is frantic. With the loss of his income, the family faces financial ruin. She enlists the help of local publishers, who employ the services of a security expert and crack the password. Now the whole intriguing story of a young man coming of age in the raucous Seventies and Eighties can be read by someone other than the author. Page after page, there is explanation of the title, seven letters misspelled? The two letters capitalized? Nothing. The language is raw, the actions are brutally honest, with graphic sexual content that is so complete it should be embarrassing. Despite its exceedingly graphic nature, the editors decide to publish. Something is missing though. There is a prologue, an introduction, but epilogue, climax. Just prior to publication, a judge rules the missing man legally deceased, and the family can w collect the life insurance. The rush to publish in order to help the family w seems unnecessary, until the manila envelope with the memoir's climax arrives in the mail. Is it from the missing man? But he's supposed to be dead. Who sent the mysterious envelope and why?
- Author BiographyGregory R Schussele was born and raised near the corn and bean fields of central Illinois. A rural setting is his preference and he currently resides in Umpqua, Oregon, miles from the town center consisting of one building containing the post office and a bakery/convenience store. Advised never to pursue a career as a writer, he has served as a part-time sportswriter for a daily newspaper and wrote his first novel, Midnight Blue, published in 2007. He chooses to write fiction, where he can engage in the irony of revealing a larger truth by telling a lie. This is his second novel.
- Author(s)Gregory R Schussele
- PublisherSchussprose Publishing
- Date of Publication21/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchussprose Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.