All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a state-of-the-art understanding of semiconductor-electrolyte interfaces. It provides a detailed study of semiconductor-electrolyte interfacial effects, focusing on the physical and electrochemical foundations that affect surface charge, capacitance, conductance, quantum effects, and other properties, both from the point of view of theoretical modeling and metrology. The wet-dry interface, where solid-state devices may be in contact with electrolyte solutions, is of growing interest and importance. This is because such interfaces will be a key part of hydrogen energy and solar cells, and of sensors that would have wide applications in medicine, gemics, environmental science, and bioterrorism prevention. The field effect presented here by Pavel Korov, Adil Yafyasov, and Vladislav Bogevolv is a new method, one that allows investigation of the physical properties of semiconductor and superconductor surfaces. Before the development of this method, it was impossible to test these surfaces at room temperature. The behavior of electrodes in electrolytes under such realistic conduction conditions has been a major problem for the technical realization of systems that perform measurements in wet environments. This book also describes some material properties that were unkwn before the development of the field effect method. This book will be of great interest to students and engineers working in semiconductor surface physics, electrochemistry, and micro- and naelectronics.
- Author BiographyPavel P. Konorov is Professor of Physics at St. Petersburg State University and a member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences. Adil M. Yafyasov is Professor of Physics at St. Petersburg State University. Vladislav B. Bogevolnov is Associate Professor of Physics at St. Petersburg State University.
- Author(s)Adil M. Yafyasov,Pavel P. Konorov,Vladislav B. Bogevolnov
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2006
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note5 halftones. 109 line illus. 7 tables.
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.