All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning author, naturalist, and conservationist Tim Palmer presents the world of California rivers in this practical and inspiring field guide. Loaded with tips on where to hike, fish, cae, kayak, and raft, it offers an interpretive approach that reveals geology, plant and wild life, hydrologic processes, and other natural phemena. Palmer reports on conservation with a perspective from decades of personal engagement. More than 150 streams are featured, 50 riparian species are illustrated, and 180 photos show the essence of California's rivers. Palmer brings a natural history guide, a recreation guide, and an introduction to river ecology together in one illuminating volume; it belongs in every river lover's book collection, boat, and backpack.
- Author BiographyTim Palmer is the author of 20 books on nature and the environment. For 35 years he has explored and written about California rivers. He's the recipient of Friends of the River's Mark Dubois and Peter Behr Awards, and the National Wildlife Federation's Communicator of the Year Award.
- Author(s)Tim Palmer
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCalifornia Natural History Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number105
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note142 color illustrations, 51 line illustrations, 13 maps, 2 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)William E. Avery
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.