All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first-ever revision of a classic guidebook. It provides information on each plant's characteristics, distribution, and medicinal qualities, as well as updated taxomy and 15 new species. It shows how to identify and use wild plants for medicinal purposes. This illustrated guide to North American wild medicinals has been a nature classic for over thirty years. In this new edition, David K Foster revises Bradford Angier's invaluable handbook, updating the taxomy and adding more than a dozen species, including the purple coneflower, popularly kwn as echinacea, as well as ephedra, jewelweed, goldenseal, and more. Scientific information for a general audience and full-colour illustrations combine with intriguing accounts of the plants' uses, making this a practical guide for anyone interested in the medicinal uses of wild plants.
- Author BiographyBradford Angier is the author of numerous best-selling books on nature and outdoor living, including Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants (978-0-8117-2076-2), Wilderness Shelters and How to Build Them (978-1-5857-4430-5), and Looking for Gold (978-0-8117-2034-2). David K. Foster is associate professor of biology and environmental science at Messiah College in Pennsylvania and a member of the Society of American Foresters.
- Author(s)Bradford Angier,David K. Foster
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note130 colour photos
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.