All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite Oregon's watery reputation, the state has lacked a field guide for its many celebrated rivers and streams - until w. Preeminent river conservationist, photographer, and author Tim Palmer's Field Guide to Oregon Rivers is an unprecedented reference that profiles 120 waterways throughout the state, from the Alsea to the Williamson. Field Guide to Oregon Rivers offers travelers, outdoor enthusiasts, and resource professionals an interpretive approach to the state's network of waterways. The book begins with a natural history of Oregon's rivers - geology, climate, hydrology, plants, animals, and ecology. Then in ten chapters organized by watersheds, Palmer presents portraits of individual rivers, with a summary of its character, tes about its nature and fish, and comments about ongoing threats along with protection efforts. He points to opportunities for seeing the river, hiking along its shores, fishing, and exploring by cae, kayak, raft, or drift boat. The guide concludes with a series of appendices addressing the Best River Running, the Best Hiking Along Rivers, the Best Fishing, Oregon's Finest Natural Rivers, and more. With fifty illustrations identifying common riparian plants and animals, and 150 of Palmer's award-winning photographs showcasing the variety and grandeur of Oregon's magnificent rivers estate, this volume is an ideal outdoor companion for all Oregonians and visitors to the state.
- Author BiographyTim Palmer has been exploring, researching, photographing, and writing about the rivers of Oregon and America for forty years. His twenty-two books include Rivers of America, Field Guide to California Rivers, and Oregon: Preserving the Beauty and Spirit of the Land. He was named one of the 10 greatest river conservationists of our time by Paddler magazine, and one of the 100 greatest paddlers of the past century. For his writing and photography he was the first recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from American Rivers.
- Author(s)Tim Palmer
- PublisherOregon State University
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCorvallis, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOregon State University
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight449 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.