All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging and easy-to-use natural history guidebook provides a thorough overview of native and honey bee biology and offers tools for identifying the most common bees of California and the Western United States. Full-color illustrations introduce readers to more than 30 genera of native bees, ting each one's needs and habits and placing them in their wider context. The author highlights bees' ties to our own lives, the food we eat, and the habitat we provide, and suggests ways to support bees in our own backyards. In addition to helping readers understand and distinguish among major groups of bees, this guide reveals how bees are an essential part of healthy ecosystem and how many plants, including important crop plants, depend on the pollination they provide. As growing evidence points to declining bee populations, this book offers critical information about the bond between plants and pollinators, and between humans and nature. Thoroughly researched and full of new insights into the ancient process of pollination, Field Guide to the Common Bees of California; Including Bees of the Western United States is invaluable for the window it opens onto the biodiversity, adaptive range, and complexity of invertebrate communities.
- Author BiographyGretchen LeBuhn is Professor of Biology at San Francisco State University and the Director of the Great Sunflower Project, a national citizen science program designed to gather information about bee diversity and activity and pollinators more generally. Noel Pugh is a scientific illustrator.
- Author(s)Gretchen LeBuhn
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleCalifornia Natural History Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number107
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note57 color illustrations, 4 b/w photographs, 5 line illustrations, 5 tables
- Weight49 g
- Width114 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Noel Badges Pugh
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.