All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFieldbuses, particularly wireless fieldbuses, offer a multitude of benefits to process control and automation. Fieldbuses replace point-to-point techlogy with digital communication networks, offering increased data availability and easier configurability and interoperability. Fieldbus and Networking in Process Automation discusses the newest fieldbuses on the market today, detailing their utilities, components and configurations, wiring and installation methods, commissioning, and safety aspects under hostile environmental conditions. This clear and concise text: * Considers the advantages and shortcomings of the most sought after fieldbuses, including HART, Foundation Fieldbus, and Profibus * Presents an overview of data communication, networking, cabling, surge protection systems, and device connection techniques * Provides comprehensive coverage of intrinsic safety essential to the process control, automation, and chemical industries * Describes different wireless standards and their coexistence issues, as well as wireless sensor networks * Examines the latest offerings in the wireless networking arena, such as WHART and ISA100.1 1a Offering a snapshot of the current state of the art, Fieldbus and Networking in Process Automation t only addresses aspects of integration, interoperability, operation, and automation pertaining to fieldbuses, but also encourages readers to explore potential applications in any given industrial environment.
- Author BiographySunit Kumar Sen, Ph.D, member of IEEE and IETE, holds advanced degrees from St. Xaviers College and University of Calcutta, both in Kolkata, India. He is currently professor in the Department of Applied Physics, University of Calcutta and teaches courses on digital communication, industrial instrumentation, microprocessors, electrical networks, Fieldbus, etc. He was head of the Department of Applied Physics and University Science Instrumentation Centre from 2008-2010. Previously he was assistant manager, instrumentation (oprn.) for Bokaro Steel Plant, Jharkhand, India under Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL). He has already written two books-one on instrumentation, and another on microprocessors.
- Author(s)Sunit Kumar Sen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/2014
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note279 black & white illustrations, 15 colour illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.