All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAn original and highly detailed approach to the history of the First World War, combining contemporary accounts with a modern-day guide to the battlefields of the Western Front. This fascinating anthology provides a more authentic picture than any textbook could ever hope to give of the courage and the daily life of the men who served during the First World War.
- Author BiographyPeter Slowe graduated from Bristol University and took his doctorate at Nuffield College, Oxford. After a spell working in France (where he gained a first-hand knowledge of the battlefields), he worked for the EEC setting up co-operatives. His first book, on economic planning, was published in 1981, and he has written several specialist publications since. He was attracted to the study of the First World War by the combination of easy access to the sites of the battles and the number of good original accounts available. Richard Woods holds a history and geography degree and has taken an particular interest in the First World War since the age of fourteen, frequently visiting the Western Front battlefield sites. He is a firm revisionist, holding the view that the traditional 'lions led by donkeys' interpretation of the conduct of the war is misguided.
- Author(s)Peter M. Slowe,Richard Woods
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/1990
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight463 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.