All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFieldwork in South Asia is a valuable attempt to listen and learn from the memories and significant moments of fieldwork done by anthropologists, sociologists, and even historians from South Asia. The essays lead towards a deeper understanding of concerns of fieldwork located in various field sites across South Asia without assuming or applying fixed rmative rules for the whole region. In the process, the volume allows the reader to have an option to locate or relocate ethgraphic or other forms of texts in the context of growing methodological contours and dilemmas in the social science. Above all, this is a book about relationships-multi-layered relationships among people encountered in the field, the ethgraphic relationship itself, with all its personal raw edges, and relationship with the land and even n-human realms.
- Author BiographySarit K. Chaudhuri is an anthropologist working among the tribes of North-east India for the last 23 years. During 2003-2005 he was in SOAS, United Kingdom, as a postdoctoral fellow and worked for a collaborative project with SOAS, British Museum, CCRD, and Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh. He worked in An.S.I., Shillong, and for the last 18 years has been working at Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh. He is currently holding the post of professor and heading the Department of Anthropology. He has published 9 books and 52 papers in journals and books. Sucheta Sen Chaudhuri is an anthropologist and currently, as Associate Professor, heading the Centre for Indigenous Culture Studies in Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi. She has worked in An.S.I. for seven years and posted in Dehradun as well as Shillong. During 1999-2011 she worked in the Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University, and also worked as the Founder Director, Women Study and Research Centre in the same university. She has published three books and a good number of papers in journals and books.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, figures
- Weight581 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited bySarit K. Chaudhuri,Sucheta Sen Chaudhuri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.