Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 19 Mar
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Design Museum brings you fifty bicycles that changed the world we live in! The bicycle is the world's most popular form of transport. From the penny-farthing, the Dandy-horse and the Velocipede the design of the bicycle has evolved over the decades both in terms of style and techlogy. From high-performance cycles to practical run-arounds, conceptual bikes to commercial models, Alex Newson explores the 50 most important, pivotal bicycles from around the world. The bicycle is the world's most popular form of transport. From the penny-farthing, the Dandy-horse and the Velocipede the design of the bicycle has evolved over the decades both in terms of style and techlogy. From high-performance cycles to practical run-arounds, conceptual bikes to commercial models, here are the 50 most important, pivotal bicycles from around the world. Contents Includes...Laufmaschine c.1817 Velocipede c.1863 Safety Bicycle c.1880 The tandem 1898 The cargo bike 1900s BSA 3-Speed Hub 1930-40 Flying Pigeon PA-02 c.1950 PARIS Galibier c.1 947 Raleigh Chopper 1969 Dawes Galaxy 1971 Avatar 2000 1980 AM series Moulton Bicycle 1983 STRiDA 1985 Kestrel 4000 1986 'Old Faithful' 1993 Airnimal Chameleon c.2000 Bianchi Pista Chrome 2007 EADS Airebike 2011 Faraday Porteur 2013 ...And Much More!
- Author BiographyAlex Newson is a curator at the Design Museum in London - and a passionate cyclist. He has worked with a number of cycling's most celebrated names and manufacturers including Chris Boardman, Bob Haro, Graeme Obree, Team Sky, Pinarello, Santa Cruz and Felt. The Design Museum's mission is to celebrate, entertain, and inform. It is the world's leading museum devoted to contemporary design in every form from furniture to graphics, and architecture to industrial design. It is working to place design at the centre of contemporary culture and demonstrates both the richness of the creativity to be found in all forms of design, and its importance.
- Author(s)Alex Newson
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleDesign Museum Fifty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Content Note60 photographs
- Weight376 g
- Width158 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.