Fifty Fashion Looks That Changed the 1950s by Design Museum, Paula Reed (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookstock
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Design Museum and fashion guru Paula Reed present Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1950s. The most exciting, influential and definitive looks of one of the most significant decades in fashion! The Design Museum's mission is to celebrate, enterain and inform. It is the world's leading museum devoted to contemporary design in every form from furniture to fashion, and carchitecture to graphics. It is working to place design at the centre of contemporary culture and demonstrates both the richness of the creativity to be found in all forms of design, and its importance. This beautiful reference work showcases 50 iconic outfits from one of fashion's most influential and exciting decades. From the bombshell glamour of Marilyn Monroe in 'How to Marry a Millionaire' to the immergence of teenage style, via the sculptural forms of Christian Dior's New Look and Balenciaga's double A-Line, it celebrates all of the important looks that revolutionised modern fashion. With Paula Reed's lively and informative text and a wealth of fabulous photography, it is vital reading for design students, collectors of vintage, and everyone who truly loves fashion.
- Author BiographyThe Design Museum's mission is to celebrate, entertain and inform. It is the world's leading museum devoted to contemporary design in every form from furniture to fashion, and architecture to graphics. It is working to place design at the centre of contemporary culture and demonstrates both the richness of the creativity to be found in all forms of design, and its importance.Paula Reed is the style director at Grazia, the bestselling fashion weekly. She is a former columnist for the US edition of InStyle magazine and her career has included fashion or style director positions at several magazines and newspapers, including the Sunday Times and InStyle. Her writing has appeared in the Financial Times, Elle and The Times. She is the author of Style Clinic and lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Design Museum,Paula Reed
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Series TitleDesign Museum Fifty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/10/2015
- Content Note60 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight388 g
- Width160 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.