Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of Volume 1, acclaimed military aviation author Steve Darlow brings together ather collection of stories telling of the extreme bravery, heroism and sacrifice of the men who fought the European air battle during World War Two. Once more each story is told at a personal level, set within the context of the ferocious air war. Included are the recollections of veterans who fought for survival in the sky, graphic combat reports describing the air battle at the extreme, moving accounts of airmen who lost their lives, and memories stirred as the modern legacy of the air war is uncovered. Once more, an exciting, vivid, graphic and moving account of what the airmen went through when they were 'Fighting High'. The second book in the series, as with Volume 1, brings into the public domain a considerable amount of original research and new material, presenting many hitherto untold stories about the air war. The book includes especially commissioned original artwork, illustrations and maps, and the award winning designer has gathered all the material together to present it in a fresh and contemporary style. Interest in World War Two remains high, particularly with respect to personal stories. The Fighting High - World War Two - Air Battle Europe series exclusively focuses on the individuals involved. The fresh and original approach to presenting these stories makes it essential reading for anyone interested in the World War Two aerial battle.
- Author BiographySteve Darlow is a critically acclaimed military aviation author who focuses on telling the stories of those who fought during the Second World War.
- Author(s)Steve Darlow
- PublisherFighting High Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationHitchin
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFighting High Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/12/2013
- Content Notecolour and black and white illustrated throughout
- Weight578 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySteve Darlow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.