All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFighting Terrorism and Drugs is an examination of European states in their fight against terrorism and drugs, from the 1960s up to the present day. Jorg Friedrichs explores what makes large European states willing or unwilling to participate in international police cooperation against terrorism and drugs. The book examines forty-eight case studies, with particular regard to the policy preferences of the four largest and most politically important EU Member States: Britain, France, Germany, and Italy. The author argues that if a real understanding of international cooperation is to develop, it is important to understand what individual states want and why they want it. To explain state preferences, Friedrichs considers interests, institutions and ideas from domestic, national and international levels that can affect state preferences either positively or negatively. This theoretically coherent book looks at international police cooperation from a truly international perspective and will be of interest to students and scholars of international relations, terrorism, crimilogy, international law and European integration.
- Author BiographyJorg Friedrichs is Lecturer in Politics at the University of Oxford, UK. He wrote this book as a Research Associate at IUB (International University Bremen) and as a Max Weber Fellow at the European University Institute in Florence, Italy.
- Author(s)Jorg Friedrichs
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 63
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.