All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe period between World War I and World War II was one of intense change. Everything was modernizing, including our techlogy for making war-witness machine guns, trench warfare, biological agents, and ultimately The Final Solution. This modernization and eye toward the future was reflected in many facets of pop culture, including fashion, home-wear design, and the popular literature of the time. In sci-fi, a specific genre emerged-that of the 'future war.' Fred Krome has collected many of these future war stories together for the first time in Fighting the Future War. Bolstered by a comprehensive introduction, and introduced with historical information about both the authors of the stories and the historical time period, these stories provide a view into the field of pulp science fiction writing, the issues that informed the time period between the world wars, and the way people envisioned the wars of tomorrow. Revealing anxieties about society, techlogy, race and politics, the genre of the future war story is important material for students of history and literature.
- Author BiographyFrederic Krome is an Assistant Professor of History at the University of Cincinnati, Clermont College.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white halftones
- Weight748 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byFrederic Krome
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.