All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith Figure Drawing, aspiring graphite and charcoal artists will learn everything they need to kw about drawing the human figure and how to master gestures, proportions, and body movement. The book begins with an introduction to basic tools and materials, guiding the reader in how to select the right pencils, papers, erasers, and other materials to begin their study of life drawing. Additionally, artists will find a plethora of information about drawing techniques, blending, and shading. Before diving into the easy step-by-step exercises, aspiring artists will also find helpful instruction in how to render form and features, including facial features. Talented professional artist Jennifer Gennari guides the reader in how to use drawing pencils to render lifelike gestures and movement through a variety of step-by-step projects that demonstrate the basics of composition, contour drawing, and rendering anatomy, as well as a variety of techniques such as blending, shading, and using light and shadow to bring the form to life. With its breadth of instruction, variety of subject matter, and inspirational artwork, Figure Drawing is the perfect resource to start building artist proficiency in the art of drawing the human figure.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER GENNARI is a classically trained figurative artist. She graduated in 2005 from Ringling College of Art and Design and, in 2008, left for Florence to study at the Florence Academy of Art, where she spent three years studying classical realism under Daniel Graves. Jennifer currently teaches at the National Academy and is represented by Darcia Gallery and Mighty Tanaka Gallery in New York City. Visit www.jennifergennari.com.
- Author(s)Jennifer Gennari
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.