All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFiguring faith: Images of belief in Africa arose from an exhibition of the same name at the Standard Bank Gallery in 2006, curated by Fiona Rankin-Smith. The book documents and extends the exhibition, bringing together the debates and discussions on faith and art that the exhibition gave rise to, and shedding light on the ways in which art interprets, exemplifies and challenges belief and ritual.
- Author BiographyFiona Rankin-Smith joined WAM, in 1984 and is Special Projects Curator. She has curated numerous exhibitions at the University and with the committee has been responsible for their important collections of both African and contemporary South African art. She studied Fine Arts at Technikon and University of Natal and taught art at high schools in KwaZulu-Natal before joining WAM. She has published catalogues on African and contemporary art and has curated independent local and international exhibitions such as a series of memory boxes for permanent display at the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg in 2007. A book on images of Faith in Africa she edited will be launched in 2009. She has also consulted regularly on art and craft and has been involved in a number of craft development initiatives.
- Author(s)Fiona Rankin-Smith
- PublisherFourthwall Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilpark
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintFourthwall Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight975 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.