All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionSelected as a semifinalist in the 2007 IACP Cookbook Awards In The Filipi-American Kitchen, Chicago-based chef and teacher Jennifer Aranas introduces the exotic flavors of her ancestral Filipi homeland, taking readers on a gastromic tour -- from sweet and spicy to smoky and tangy -- while transforming delicious native recipes into easy-to-make meals. Even if you're an experienced Filipi cook, you will discover new favorites among this collection of over 100 recipes, which includes everything from appetizers to desserts. The recipes combine traditional Filipi cooking with New World variations, reflecting the author's Filipi-American roots. She offers invative interpretations of native recipes such as Duck Adobo, Green Papaya and Jicama Salad, Salmon Kilaw, Lamb Casoy, and Ambrosia Shortcake, alongside traditional favorites such as Crispy Lumpia Egg Rolls, Hearty Paella, Pancit Noodles and Sweet Halo-Halo Sundaes. The Basics chapter introduces the building blocks of Filipi cuisine, showing you step-by-step how to create authentic Filipi food. A detailed buying guide leads you through the bustling Asian market, demystifying the flavor essentials -- such as coconut, palm vinegar, shrimp paste and calamansi lime -- that set the food of the Philippines apart from its Asian neighbors. With this Filipi cookbook at your side, you can share these mouthwatering Filipi dishes with your friends and family.
- Author BiographyJennifer Aranas was the chef and owner of the nationally acclaimed Rambutan Restaurant, Chicago's first fine-dining Filipino eatery. She sold the restaurant in 2002 to focus on her food writing and teaching cooking classes.
- Author(s)Brian Briggs,Jennifer M Aranas,Michael Lande
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Out-of-print date20/01/2009
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1075 g
- Width238 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.