All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1980s was a decade in which filmmakers pulled put all the stops to dazzle audiences and make them jump out of their seats. And just as they marked the development of the special effects techlogy that sparked a wave of blockbuster films, the Eighties also saw the advent of the cutting edge computer techniques used by graphic artists in the promotional posters for these unforgettable films. It was the decade when filmmakers finally had the techlogy to transfer their visions to the screen, challenging graphic artists and illustrators to catch up, and many of its most enduring images are represented in this volume: the glow behind the lenses of Arld Schwarzenegger's gargoyle-framed sunglasses that characterized the molithic menace of The Terminator ; the sarcastically simple crossed-out cartoon ghost that enticed audiences into the theaters to see Ghostbusters ; the silhouette of the mysterious, domi-clad stranger that haunts the unbalanced mind of Mozart in Amadeus ; the wisp of cigarette smoke that bisects the image of Sean Young's stoic face on the poster for Blade Runner ; and many more. The poster art presented in this volume represents the work of a new generation of graphic artists and designers, equipped for the first time with a brand new techlogy, in collaboration with visionary filmmakers - from Spielberg to Kurosawa, from Cameron to Ramis, from Foreman to Attenborough - who continually managed to keep our eyes riveted to the screen.
- Author BiographyTony Nourmand is the proprietor of the Reel Poster Gallery in London, from whose collection all the images in this book come. Graham Marsh is a graphic designer who has already collaborated with Tony Nourmand on Film Posters of the 50s, the 60s, the 70s, the 80s, as well as Hitchcock Poster Art.
- Author(s)Graham Marsh,Tony Nourmand
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Out-of-print date12/08/2009
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight717 g
- Width297 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.