Film Studies: A Global Introduction by Kay Dickinson, Lisa Patti, Amy Villarejo, Glyn Davis (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilm Studies: A Global Introduction reroutes film studies from its Euro-American focus and can in order to introduce students to a medium that has always been global but has become differently and insistently so in the digital age. Glyn Davis, Kay Dickinson, Lisa Patti and Amy Villarejo's approach encourages readers to think about film holistically by looking beyond the textual analysis of key films. In contrast, it engages with other vital areas, such as financing, labour, marketing, distribution, exhibition, preservation, and politics, reflecting contemporary aspects of cinema production and consumption worldwide. Key features of the book include: * clear definitions of the key terms at the foundation of film studies * coverage of the work of key thinkers, explained in their social and historical context * a broad range of relevant case studies that reflect the book's approach to global cinema, from Italian white telephone films to Mexican wrestling films * invative and flexible exercises to help readers enhance their understanding of the histories, theories, and examples introduced in each chapter * an extensive Interlude introducing readers to formal analysis through the careful explication and application of key terms * a detailed discussion of strategies for writing about cinema Films Studies: A Global Introduction will appeal to students studying film today and aspiring to work in the industry, as well as those eager to understand the world of images and screens in which we all live.
- Author BiographyGlyn Davis is Chancellor's Fellow and Reader in the School of Design at the University of Edinburgh, UK. He is the co-editor, with Gary Needham, of Warhol in Ten Takes (2013), and the author of monographs on Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story (2009) and Far from Heaven (2011). Kay Dickinson is an Associate Professor of Film Studies at Concordia University, Canada. She is the editor of Movie Music: A Film Reader (2002) and the author of Off Key: When Film and Music Won't Work Together (2008). Lisa Patti is an Assistant Professor in the Media and Society Program at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Amy Villarejo is Professor in the Department of Performing and Media Arts at Cornell University. Her books include Ethereal Queer (2014), Film Studies: The Basics, second edition (2013), and Lesbian Rule: Cultural Criticism and the Value of Desire (2003).
- Author(s)Amy Villarejo,Glyn Davis,Kay Dickinson,Lisa Patti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 243 colour illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight1224 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.95Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.