All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilm: The Key Concepts presents a coherent, clear and exciting overview of film theory for beginning readers. The book takes the reader through the often conflicting analyses which make up film theory, illustrating arguments with examples from mainstream and independent films. Concise and comprehensive, the book guides the reader through realism, formalism, structuralism, semiotics, Marxism, psychoanalysis, feminism, cognitivism, post-colonialism, postmodernism, gender and queer film theory, stardom and film audience research. The book as a whole provides a complete overview of the evolution of film theory. Throughout, the analysis is illustrated with lively boxed studies of key mainstream and independent films. Bulleted chapter summaries, questions and guides to further reading are also provided.
- Author BiographyNitzan Ben-Shaul is Associate Professor at the Film and Television Department in Tel Aviv University. He is the author of Mythical Expressions of Siege in Israeli Films, Introduction to Film Theories and A Violent World: Competing Images of Middle East Conflicts.
- Author(s)Ben-Shaul Nitzan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleKey Concepts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note10 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight412 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.