Filmmaking in Action: Your Guide to the Skills and Craft by Michael Goldman, Barry Weiss, Adam Leipzig (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $166.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScript. Direction. Design. Production. Sound. Lighting. Editing. Effects. Animation. Marketing. Careers. It's all here. With storytelling and collaboration as core principles, industry veterans Adam Leipzig (former President of National Geographic Films), and Barry Weiss (former head of Sony Pictures animation), with Michael Goldman, guide students through the skills and the craft of video and filmmaking. This one-stop resource for filmmaking students includes: - Expert guidance about all areas of filmmaking, from pitching to screenwriting, from shooting to editing, from distributing to marketing - How Do I? online videos, featuring exclusive advice from professionals - Action Steps boxes, breaking down processes from all areas of filmmaking into simple, easy-to-follow steps - The full spectrum of information, hints, and tips including Tech Talk boxes, discussing the hardware filmmakers will encounter and Business Smarts boxes explaining the ins and outs of financing and dealmaking. Packed with stories and lessons from industry professionals, Filmmaking in Action addresses the real-world situations that students will encounter in their first classroom projects and throughout their careers. This book is also available to purchase with LaunchPad, an interactive online resource. Find out more
- Author BiographyAdam Leipzig is the CEO of Entertainment Media Partners and teaches at Chapman University's Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, in the Executive Education program of UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business, USA, and in UCLA's Professional Producing Program, USA. He has overseen more than 25 movies as producer, executive, or distributor, including March of the Penguins; Dead Poets Society; Titus; Honey, I Shrunk the Kids; Amreeka; and The Story of the Weeping Camel. Adam served as president of National Geographic Films and as senior vice president at Walt Disney Studios. Barry Weiss has previously worked in the roles of animation executive, producer, and collaborator with Sony Pictures, Warner Brothers, Nickelodeon, and Turner Pictures. Barry was instrumental in the creation of two animation studios, leading the teams that created the animated characters for the Stuart Little and Spider-Man franchises. He is credited on 62 films and shorts, two of which have won Academy Awards and eight additional nominations. Michael Goldman is a veteran entertainment-industry journalist and author. He is a frequent contributor to American Cinematographer magazine and writes for a host of industry publications, newsletters, and websites, including CineMontage, SMPTE Newswatch, and Post magazine.
- Author(s)Adam Leipzig,Barry Weiss,Michael Goldman
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight697 g
- Width200 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.