All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove and death and the passage between entry into the world and exit from it are the focus of this collection of short stories. Buthaina Al Nasiri is an Iraqi author who has lived in Cairo since 1979. Despite this physical and temporal distance from her homeland, much of her material derives from it and many of the stories in this collection reflect her deeply felt stalgia for Iraq.
- Author BiographyBUTHAINA AL NASIRI was born in Iraq in 1947, graduated from the College of Arts of the University of Baghdad and has lived in Cairo since 1979, where she runs a publishing house that specializes in the works of Iraqi writers under UN sanctions. Five collections of her own short stories have been published in Arabic. DENYS JOHNSON-DAVIES is the pioneer translator of modern Arabic literature, with thirty volumes of translation to his name. He lives in Cairo.
- Author(s)Buthaina Al Nasiri
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight180 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.