All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, Finance: The Basics is a clear and practical introduction to the world of finance. It thoroughly explains essential financial statements, tools and concepts; fundamental financial instruments and transactions; and global financial participants, markets and systems. This fully revised third edition captures the most important aspects of a changing financial landscape, including: * Updates on key areas of the financial system, including default experience, corporate finance trends, growth in dark pools, hedge funds, foreign exchange and derivatives, and changes to the international regulatory and central banking framework. * Further real-world examples/studies that introduce, or expand upon, a range of practical topics; 12 updated studies are supplemented by new cases related to reinsurance, central bank quantitative easing and digital currency and payments. * A comprehensive glossary containing key terms discussed in the book. Each chapter is accompanied by an overview and summary, illustrations and tables, real life case studies, and recommended readings. Finance: The Basics is essential reading for anyone interested in the fascinating world of finance.
- Author BiographyErik Banks is an experienced practitioner and regular contributor to the literature in the field of financial risk management, traded markets, banking and regulation. He has spent over 25 years in international banking, working at major financial institutions in New York, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Munich, and is the author of over 20 books on risk, derivatives, markets and governance.
- Author(s)Erik Banks
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 64 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.