All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to provide a hands-on guide to finance and investment for academics with an objective of providing strategies to maximize income, minimize fees, and legally minimize taxes. There are many risks in finance and investment such as stock market crashes, inflation, corruption, fees and interest rates. This book stresses that stocks and bonds are the mainstay of most investors. Dividend-growth stocks mitigate the risk of inflation. In addition, they cost thing once they are purchased, unlike mutual funds that have constant fees. The author explains how to find dividend-growth stocks whose payout increase exceeds inflation and how to compound quarterly in order to make projections for future growth in the number of shares or in the value of the capital itself. The author, in addition, discusses the value of bond funds and master-limited partnerships for an investment portfolio. Retirement income is a major concern for senior academics and the median level of retirement savings for those 55 to 64 is only $145,000, which is insufficient. The author stresses the need to mix dividend-growth stocks and closed-end bond funds to fund retirement as well as explains Roth IRAs, 401(k)s and other such tax-free forms of retirement financing. Finally, the book examines financial risks and shows how to mitigate them to the extent possible. This book is a must-have for any professor or academic approaching retirement age or looking to secure their future income.
- Author BiographyRonald A. Francisco is Professor of Political Science at the University of Kansas. For eight years he has also been the author of highly-downloaded guide on finance and investment for income, 'Finance for Academics', which introduces necessary facts and concepts of finance to the academic world.
- Author(s)Ronald A. Francisco,Ronald Francisco
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight231 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.