Finance for Executives: A Practical Guide for Managers by Nuno Fernandes (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $122.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book Finance for Executives: A Practical Guide for Managers meets the needs of global executives, both finance as well as n-financial managers. It is a practical and fundamental finance reference book for any manager, as it makes a perfect balance of financial management theory and practice. It focuses on corporate finance concepts from value creation to derivatives, including cost of capital (and WACC), valuation, financing policies, project evaluation, and many other essential finance definitions. Finance for Executives makes finance simple and intuitive, through the use of real world data (brief company case studies and empirical examples of concepts), Excel financial modelling tools, and practical short chapters.Target AudienceThis finance book is appropriate for business executives, from all backgrounds, seeking toFocus on the links between financial management and the strategy of their company, be it a private or publicly traded companyDiscover how to create value for their company and boost its financial performanceUnderstand the key topics of corporate finance for n-financial managers Create a cost of capital culture within a companyRefresh and broaden their understanding of the latest financial concepts and toolsLearn about financial management for decision makers - including financing and dividend policies, company valuation, mergers and acquisitions (M&As), project evaluation, cost of capital (WACC) estimation, or risk management and derivatives Finance for Executives is suited as a finance textbook for corporate finance programs, executive education courses, as well as in MBA, master's, and executive MBA programs. Indeed, the book is based on many years of executive education and consulting with world-class corporations from all continents of the world.What Is This Book About?Finance should be fun, and practical as well. With this book at hand, you will have access to a set of tools that will help you develop your intuition for solving key financial problems, improve your business decisions, and formulate strategies.This finance for managers' reference book is based onSimplicity - The core concepts in corporate finance are simple, and will become intuitively clear after using this bookConciseness - The chapters are short and self-contained to appeal to busy executives who are keen on value-added activitiesPractical focus - The key concepts of financial management are explained (and linked to Excel modelling tools), while you learn to identify the problems and pitfalls of different managerial choicesApplication of theory to practice - It highlights key academic research results that are relevant for practitionersReal-world focus - The book includes empirical data on several companies and industries around the world. Working with real-world problems and real-world data is more fruitful than theoretical discussions on formulasExcel TemplatesAn Excel spreadsheet containing all the financial models used in the different chapters is available for download from the book's website. Practitioners will find the file easy to customize to their own requirements. It is useful in a variety of situations: value creation and its decomposition into managerial drivers or key performance indicators (KPIs), cost of capital (WACC) estimation, project evaluation, mergers and acquisitions, company valuation, derivatives valuation, etc.
- Author BiographyNuno Fernandes is Professor of Finance and Director of Strategic Finance at IMD, a top ranked business school. IMD is ranked No. 1 in executive education programs worldwide by the Financial Times. At IMD, Professor Fernandes directs the Strategic Finance program, as well as many in-company programs for leading international companies. These programs target finance experts, as well as non-financial managers from different backgrounds and job functions. Professor Fernandes is a specialist in corporate finance, cost of capital estimations, project evaluations, valuation, international financial markets, and emerging market risks. He has published in the leading international academic journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of International Business Studies, and the Journal of Portfolio Management. He speaks at business conferences in Asia, Europe, and North America, and is a regular contributor to the business press worldwide, including The Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal. Professor Fernandes advises companies and financial institutions in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East in formulating winning financial strategies, global portfolio investments, international valuations, mergers and acquisitions (M&As), derivatives usage in risk management, and emerging market investments and valuation.
- Author(s)Nuno Fernandes
- PublisherNpv Publishing
- Date of Publication22/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNpv Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.