Finance for Executives: Managing for Value Creation by Gabriel Hawawini, Claude Viallet (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for both aspiring managers and experienced executives, the Fourth Edition of FINANCE FOR EXECUTIVES: MANAGING FOR VALUE CREATION illustrates the importance of financial information in maximizing firm value. Respected authors Gabriel Hawawini and Claude Viallet draw on their wealth of business and teaching experience to provide a concise, analytically sound introduction to financial management that is neither too simplistic r too theoretical. In fact, the text masterfully balances a thorough exploration of modern finance principles with a strong practical focus on real-world applications and rigorous analysis, even while avoiding complicated formulas with little value for decision-making.Perfect for executive education courses, M.B.A. programs, or any class with an emphasis on translating theory into practice or learning through real-world cases, FINANCE FOR EXECUTIVES employs a strong problem-scenario approach to present key concepts within the context of realistic financial management issues that executives commonly face. In addition, a series of integrated case studies analyzes the same set of companies throughout the text to explore concepts in greater depth and reinforce learning. The new Fourth Edition maintains the text's highly reader-friendly structure and presentation. Because each chapter is self-contained, instructors can enjoy great flexibility in structuring their courses, while students will find the text an invaluable reference and resource to use throughout their careers. In addition, the current edition features extensive updates incorporating the most recent financial data and latest references, as well as a new chapter devoted to managing corporate risk, an essential topic for success in today's high-stakes business environment.
- Author BiographyClaude Viallet (Ph.D., Northwestern University) is emeritus professor of finance at INSEAD. Before joining INSEAD, he worked as a project manager at a major oil company and as chief financial officer of a service company in Paris. Professor Viallet has also served as president of the European Finance Association and has published widely in leading academic and professional journals. In addition to his tenure at INSEAD, Professor Viallet's teaching career includes service as a visiting professor of finance at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. He also organizes, directs, and teaches management-development programs in Europe, the United States, Asia, and Latin America and provides consulting services to companies around the world. Gabriel Hawawini (Ph.D., New York University) is the Henry Grunfeld Chaired Professor of Investment Banking at INSEAD, where he is also a professor of finance and formerly served as dean. Professor Hawawini has taught finance at INSEAD, New York University, Columbia University, and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he received the Helen Kardon Moss Anvil Award for Excellence in Teaching. In addition to teaching value-based management seminars around the world, Professor Hawawini is the author of ten books and more than seventy research papers on financial markets and corporate finance. He also sits on the boards of several companies.
- Author(s)Claude Viallet,Gabriel Hawawini
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date06/05/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1160 g
- Width193 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.