All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book will be welcomed by students and academics alike. The text is easy to read and well laid out, the case studies are very helpful, and it is supplemented by a good range of quality supporting material' Christopher Coles, Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Glasgow 'A hugely enjoyable and informative book with an international focus' Eleimon Gonis, University of the West of England, Bristol Financial Accounting is the ideal book for anyone with little prior kwledge or who is new to this subject area. The book retains the clear writing style and unique international focus which led to the success of previous editions. This approach enables the teaching of financial accounting in a way that is t country-specific. This fully updated text uses the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as its framework to explain key concepts and practices while linking them with contemporary real-life examples from around the world. What's new! *Fully updated to reflect the extensive changes that have occurred in the three years since writing the fifth edition; *Expanded discussion of accounting by SMEs and partnerships (Chapter 4); *New discussion on capital maintenance (Chapter 8); *Added material on integrated reporting and sustainability (Chapter 6); *Expanded discussion of revenue recognition, including reference to IFRS 15 (Chapter 8). * The text is ideal for undergraduates and MBA students worldwide taking a first course in financial accounting. Visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/alexander to find valuable online resources for both students and lecturers, including an instructor's manual and full set of power point slides. David Alexander is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at the University of Birmingham Business School, England. Christopher Nobes is Professor of Accounting at Royal Holloway, University of London, England. He is also Professor at the University of Sydney, and Adjunct Professor at the Norwegian Business School. From 1993 to 2001 he was a member of the board of the International Accounting Standards Committee.
- Author BiographyDavid Alexander is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at the University of Birmingham Business School, England. Christopher Nobes is Professor of Accounting at Royal Holloway, University of London, England. He is also Professor at the University of Sydney, and Adjunct Professor at the Norwegian Business School. From 1993 to 2001 he was a member of the board of the International Accounting Standards Committee.
- Author(s)Christopher Nobes,David Alexander
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight948 g
- Width191 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement6th New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.