All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn update to Financial and Managerial Accounting for School Administrators: Superintendents, School Business Administrators and Principals, this book and CD includes current best practices, GASB prouncements, and web-based applications. It also provides school administrators with important accounting background, technique, and applications in the school environment and demonstrates the overall binding effect accounting has on all of the tasks and functions performed by school administrators. Kwledge about accounting and accounting skills pervades all aspects of the day-to-day operation of a school and school district. The proper day-to-day operation of the schools and quality planning and decision-making cant realistically take place unless administrators and board members have an understanding of school fund accounting. The present and the future will see the need for both financial and managerial accounting. One type will t overshadow the other. Both will continue to evolve and develop to satisfy the needs of society and the education community. Financial and managerial accounting together can be thought of as the process that gathers, produces, organizes, and presents information that can be consumed by a wide variety of users for the purpose of keeping an organization operating, growing, improving, and changing. This book and CD will be useful to superintendents, school business managers, and principals.
- Author BiographyRonald E. Everett, PhD, has spent 41 years in education as a teacher, central office/superintendent, university professor, and executive director of the Illinois Association of School Business Officials. Dr. Everett has delivered conference addresses, workshops, and taught graduate-level courses throughout the world. He is recognized as a practitioner/scholar at home and as a distinguished visiting scholar abroad. Over the past 25 years, his professional service, research, teaching, and primary interests have focused on school business administration. Donald R. Johnson, EdD, has served the educational administration field for more than 40 years as a university professor, school superintendent, business manager, computer services director, state department consultant, and consultant to school districts. He has spoken at numerous local, state, national, and international conferences on topics related to school organization, leadership, and business management. His current professional efforts have centered on providing electronic and digital access for school leader's professional development. Bernard W. Madden, Ed D, CPA, has over 40 years of experience in finance and accounting. In private industry and public accounting positions included audit manager, internal audit director, plant controller and corporate vice president controller. In education he has been a business manager, an assistant superintendent for finance & operations, and a consultant to school districts. He has also developed courses and taught in the graduate school at Northern Illinois University and DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management, as well as presented seminars at local, state and national conferences.
- Author(s)Bernard W. Madden,Donald R. Johnson,Ronald E. Everett
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight903 g
- Width212 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.