Financial Crisis Inquiry Report: Final Report of the National Commission on the Causes of the Financial and Economic Crisis in the United States by United States. Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most devastating financial crisis since the Great Depression has cost the jobs, homes and savings of millions of people. In 2008 the US government stepped in to rescue a faltering financial system, propping up some of the largest and most powerful financial firms on Wall Street. Two years later everyone is still wondering what exactly prompted a calamity of such magnitude. To answer this question, US Congress created the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission in May 2009 and directed it to examine the causes, domestic and global, of the current financial and ecomics crisis in the United States. Lawmakers appointed a 10-member panel with expertise in business, ecomics regulation and housing to conduct an investigation and then report to the President, the Congress and the American people. Vested with subpoena power, the Commission spent more than a year conducting unprecedented interviews with more than 700 eyewitnesses to the crisis and its aftermath, including current and former government officials, chief executives of the nation's biggest banks, and individuals across the nation who have been affected by the crisis. The Commission examined millions of pages of documents. Many have never before been made available to investigators, journalists or to the public. In addition, it held public hearings in Washington, D.C. and New York City, as well as in communities across America hard hit by the financial crisis. The result is the Commission's revealing and substantive account of the events that led to the most damaging financial earthquake in a generation.
- Author BiographyThe Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission was created by Congress in May 2009 to investigate the roots of the financial crisis. Its members include Chairman Phil Angelides, Vice Chairman Hon. Bill Thomas and Commissioners Brooksley Born, Byron S Georgiou, Senator Bob Graham, Keith Hennessey, Douglas Holtz-Eakin, Heather H Murren CFA, John W Thompson and Peter J Wallison.
- Author(s)United States. Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefigures
- Weight562 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.