All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionDomestic capital is the driving force behind any country's development, and effective domestic financial institutions are one of its most important facilitators, as these are the key channels between savings, and investment, a determinant of a country's ecomic growth. At the same time, foreign investment has a critical role to play, for it also brings foreign technical kwledge, competitive pricing, and higher standards of disclosure and performance. On developing the financial sector, the study looks at how to build financial infrastructure, and identifies the following areas, many developing ecomies are addressing: promotion and regulation of private sector financial institutions; regulation, and structures of investment funds, pension funds, and other institutional investors; funds mobilization; policy formation regarding sectoral development; and, creation of market systems. It is highlighted that progress must be made at both the institutional level, and at the regulatory level, summarizing the need for strong management, and governance, sound banking practices, to create a level playing field with adequate local counterparts. This requires strengthened local intermediation that provides venture capital funds, and lending activities. The International Finance Corporation's (IFC) efforts in attracting international capital is concentrated on policy advice and technical assistance, portfolio investment funds, and private equity funds among others. Future directions will be in creating local currency vehicles for savings, and investing; on helping authorities and private institutions adapt to globalization; on meeting the needs of a growing middle class, and business environment; and, on assisting in deepening bond markets.
- Author(s)International Finance Corporation
- PublisherWorld Bank Publications
- Date of Publication31/01/1999
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleLessons of Experience S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.6
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Bank
- Content Notetables
- Weight567 g
- Width222 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.