Financial Investigation and Forensic Accounting by George A. Manning (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $191.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $202.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs ecomic crimes continue to increase, accountants and law enforcement personnel must be vigilant in expanding their kwledge of ways to detect these clandestine operations. Written by a retired IRS agent with more than twenty years of experience, Financial Investigation and Forensic Accounting, Third Edition offers a complete examination of the current methods and legal considerations involved in the detection and prosecution of ecomic crimes. Explores a range of crimes Following an overview of the ecomic cost of crime, the book examines different types of offenses with a financial element, ranging from arson to tax evasion. It explores offshore activities and the means criminals use to hide their ill-gotten gains. The author provides a thorough review of evidentiary rules as well as the protocol involved in search warrants. He examines the two modalities used to prove financial crime: the Net Worth Method and the Expenditure Theory, and presents an example scenario based on real-life incidents. Organized crime and consumer fraud Additional topics include organized crime and money laundering - with profiles of the most nefarious cartels - consumer and business fraud and the different schemes that befall the unwary, computer crimes, and issues surrounding banking and finance. The book also presents focused and concrete advice on trial preparation and specific accounting and audit techniques. New chapters in the third edition New material enhances this third edition, including new chapters on investigative interview analysis and document examination, as well as advice for fraud examiners working on private cases, including the preparation of an engagement letter. For a successful prosecution, it is essential to recognize financial crime at its early stages. This practical text presents the nuts and bolts of fraud examination and forensic accounting, enabling investigators to stay ahead of an area that is increasingly taking on global importance.
- Author BiographyDr. George A. Manning, PhD, CFE, EA, is a retired fraud examiner, forensic accountant, and expert/summary witness for the Internal Revenue Service. He has a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of Miami and holds MS and PhD degrees in Criminal Justice Administration from Lynn University, in Boca Raton, Florida. A Certified Fraud Examiner, he has worked with various federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and has 22 years of experience in the fraud investigation and forensic accounting field. He currently does consulting and works as an adjunct professor.
- Author(s)George A. Manning
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight1542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.