Financial Mastery for the Career Teacher by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching has many rewards, including the opportunity to change young people's lives and make a meaningful difference in a community every day. However, despite the important work they do, teachers often find themselves struggling to survive on a teaching salary. Written by certified financial advisor and award-winning speaker Gene Sicilia, Financial Mastery for the Career Teacher is a comprehensive yet concise primer for educators balancing modest salaries with skyrocketing expenses in challenging ecomic times. The author covers the personal finance questions and concerns that all educators face, including: - Providing for a family on a teacher's salary - Making every dollar stretch - Buying a home - Managing debt - Planning for retirement - Understanding and purchasing insurance - Investing in the stock market or real estate - Taxes and tax planning.
- Author BiographyGene Siciliano, CMC, CPA, is a financial management consultant. His business is helping companies to manage their businesses more profitably. His tools of the trade include management advisory services, business planning and modeling, financial department effectiveness audits, board service, management coaching, and a series of training and workshop programs, largely focused on finance and accounting for predominantly nonfinancial clients. A longtime member of the National Speakers Association and an avid communicator, Mr. Siciliano speaks to corporate and association audiences nationwide on financial and management topics. His articles on financial management, business planning and cost control have been published internationally. He also publishes both print and electronic newsletters on financial management topics, as well as a blog. Following graduation from Penn State University's Smeal College with a business degree in accounting, Mr. Siciliano spent several years on active duty as a Naval Reserve officer. He carries the permanent rank of Commander, U.S. Navy - Retired. Returning to civilian life, he joined Alexander Grant & Company (now Grant Thornton), a large public accounting firm. Following nearly eight years as a practicing CPA he entered the corporate world, eventually holding senior financial management positions with Computer Sciences Corporation, Epson America, and several smaller companies. In 1986 he founded Western Management Associates, the consulting business that he owns and operates today. In his practice he often serves as the part-time chief financial officer for client companies, and from that grew the trademark of his business, Your CFO for Rent.(R) When not in the office, Mr. Siciliano has served a number of nonprofit organizations - both professional and charitable - as president, board member and treasurer, and he is most often drawn to organizations that help children. In addition to occasional gourmet cooking he enjoys tennis and the theatre in his spare time, both available in abundance near his home in Redondo Beach, California. He can be reached at 310-645-1091 or gene@CFOforRent.com, or by visiting his websites at www.CFOforRent.com or www.GeneSiciliano.com.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2010
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGene Siciliano
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.